ISO 14001 ASSISTANCE
ASTI Environmental (ASTI) has provided ISO 14001 Audits and Gap Analysis for our industrial, commercial and institutional clients throughout the United States since 1985. The objectives are to evaluate storage and handling practices for both raw materials and wastes, and to identify potential areas of noncompliance or significant environmental risk.
ASTI addresses ISO 14001s applicable environmental regulations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Federal Oil Pollution Prevention Regulation
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA)
ASTI will conduct a site inspection to evaluate material and waste handling, storage, and management; to identify all process discharges to air, sewer or surface water; and to inspect equipment maintenance and housekeeping procedures. The objective of the site inspection is to identify potential areas of non compliance or significant environmental risk.
ASTI’s inspection will include at a minimum:
- Current chemical inventory
- Raw material purchase records
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Disposal documentation
- Copy of the building plans indicating the location of all pipes, floor drains, pits, sewer piping, and Discharges
ASTI’s staff have worked with local clients to national companies with facilities in multiple states. ASTI knows the critical path for cost effective ISO 14001 compliance which is a major concern of our clients.
ASTI can assist you with your ISO 14001 compliance program to assure that:
- Current regulations are incorporated into your compliance program
- Records and training programs are current and comprehensive
- Documentation to demonstrate compliance with your ISO 14001 audit.